This is a list of ideas we could implement or would love to have.
Please move to the 'already implemented' section below if implemented with remark on which site
- Geo-fencing with SMS - When a glider flies into a set perimeter, a sms will be sent
- Possible to create some revenue! I would love it. Set a perimeter 5km around my house and receive a text when its time to look up ;-)
- But many more applications can be thought off. Many car tracking black-boxes have this option.
- Could also be handy for ground instructors to get a warning when a club glider flies outside a distance from the airport.
- An additional DVB dongle and antenna could be used to receive ELT beacons on 406 MHz. Benefits would be quick
detection of false alarms, verification of ELT installations and possibly rescue support. The ELT specification is
SPECIFICATION FOR COSPAS-SARSAT 406 MHz DISTRESS BEACONS: http://www.cospas-sarsat.int/images/stories/SystemDocs/Current/cs_t.001_oct_2013.pdf ,
COSPAS-SARSAT 406 MHz FREQUENCY MANAGEMENT PLAN: http://www.cospas-sarsat.int/images/stories/SystemDocs/Current/cs_t012_oct_2013.pdf
- Competition management
- Mark participating gliders
- Something to help some to help other in the receivers configuration/tunning (ssh keys, revers sssh tunnel, …)
Interfaces to other systems
- Export function for http://live.glidernet.org/flightlog to transfer flights to aviation management software like ameavia [http://www.ameavia.de/].
WIKI - future content awaiting contributions
- Receiver software command reference. (A short guide covering: how to start, how to monitor, what options are available, what is expected to be in the config file etc..)
- Anything more ?? (Please post on the group your ideas of the subjects which should be covered on this WIKI - or - even better - update the WIKI directly!)
Ideas already implemented
- Show glider trace (Also History) - See [http://live.glidertracking.com]
- Possibility to download flight (IGC) - See [http://www.zweefvliegenonline.nl/layout/igc/download_igc.php]
- Live detection of thermals: Currently with 5 minute updates in Western Alps - See KTrax
- 'DAO' extensions to improve lat/lon precision: [http://www.aprs.org/datum.txt]: Implemented in v0.2.4
page revision: 11, last edited: 30 Nov 2015 09:58